Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day reflections

I wrote this on Christmas Day.

During the 4weeks leading up to Christmas we prepared for the coming of Christ. He prepared me in more ways than I can realize. Not only am I ready today to welcome him here on earth as a babe, but I'm ready for when he calls on us to come get our final treasure.

I miss my bed. I miss Purl St. I miss my comfort.

However, I have what I need. I have Brandi, three wonderful kids, and time with my mom Mary. Christmas is in our hearts and with us in our family.

We welcomed Christ at mas last night. The priest asked, "Do you believe?" Then he asked "Why?" Then told us we need to be receptive as well.

I believe because God has always been there and has shown me although I may not have always known it or realized it. I was not always receptive.

But then I heard Matt Maher sing

"Late have I loved you
you waited for me,
I searched for you…
what took me so long?

I was looking outside
as if love would ever want to hide
I’m finding I was wrong."


Then I found St. Augustine. He said God is always there.

"You called, shouted, broke through my deafness;
you flared, blazed, banished my blindness;
you lavished your fragrance, I gasped; and now I pant for you;
I tasted you, and now I hunger and thirst;
you touched me, and I burned for your peace."


I believe because -

He is

No comments: